lucky dog knits

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Going to the party with Pat's Clapotis

WHEWWWW!!
I finished Pat's Birthday Clapotis just in the nick of time! I finished up the knitting and washed and blocked it last night. It was certanly an easy enough project but I do have to say it felt like at the end it just kept going on and on.
While I was knitting it I wasn't entirely sure about it. I didn't love the yarn choice I thought it might be a little too thin, I also didn't love the pooling. I don't know, I just wasn't convinced that it would be all that great, but I didn't have a back up plan for Pat so I kept plugging along. Boy was I wrong! when I finished knitting and started unravelling WOW it was just so beautiful I thought, this was worth it! It just has such a fun drape and hangs so nicely. I would say this however I wasn't thrilled after washing and blocking. I feel like you loose some of that bouncy curling of the edges and I liked that . I will definitaly knit another clapotis for my self bit I think I won't wash and block this one I liked it just the wasy it is.
What's next...... well another gift of course.
I have 2 pregnant friends to knit baby items for OOOH have I told you how much I love knitting baby items!! Can't wait for Grand children!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt LaBerge said...

Are you trying to hint at someting...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Tony says: How soon do you want them?

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home