lucky dog knits

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Secret Pal 8 questionaire

So Sorry to my Secret Pal 8 for taking so long to post my Questionaire!!!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really don't have a favorite yarn, I do prefer natural fibers. I would like to be more adventurous with luxury and exotic fibers. I don't really enjoy cotton and like most knitters I don't enjoy Acrylic yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I made my self a Long cotton holder for my circulars, it has 16 horizontal sleeves that the needle slides into and then the needle hangs down to the sides so that they don't get curly. I screwed it right to the back of my sewing room door. I also have the same kind of holder with vertical pockets for single points. also screwed to the back of the door. Straight I store in a vintage McCoy vase

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I used to think that I was an advanced knitter, Ten I started reading blogs and boy o boy was I brought down a couple pegs. so probably intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love Lilac, lily of the valley and I'm in heaven right now as my peonies are in full bloom! Anthropologie has great candles in blue glass containers that are not too strong.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Chocolate,Who doesn't LOVE chocolate!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin and I'm not sure tha I have a desire to? I also like to sew and do lot's of crafty things I also like to do decorating projects.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I am a total ipod whore I love knitting podcasts but I guess music wise I would put myself in the adult Contemporary catagory

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love greens, Charteuse (not lime or neon) is my favorite. I also like purples and pinke and blues. I really don't dislike any colors maybe just not super bright or neon colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have been married 27 years and have 2 adult sons. I have 2 dogs Daphne the Beagle and Sherman the Boston Bulldog

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I live in MINNESOTA!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Everything!!
13. What are you knitting right now?
The Eris Cardi from www.girlfromauntie.com, Shedir cap, vintage cardi from Vogue knitting always socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Who doesnt?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circulars to straight. I love addi turbos for somethings and bamboo for others.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both

17. How did you learn to knit?
I took a class froma waman who was very exacting, she made us rip out every mistake!

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 years. It is a cabled pullover, I ran out of yarn on the first sleeve. I still search e-bay for that Peer gynt purple speckled yearn.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
No contest Halloween!! there's no expectations and it's all about FUN!!

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Vintage pottery,vintage wall clocks, buttons, yarn.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would love to find any Alice Starmore books. I subscribe to Vogue knitting, Interweave knits, Rowan and I'm not sure why, still Knitters.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd liketo learn?
Probably how to better adjust the pattern to my measurements and how to deal with fitting problems.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I love to knit socks my foot measures 9"

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
11/30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home