lucky dog knits

Monday, May 08, 2006

Did I make the wrong yarn choice?


Here is my current project. I am knitting the Eris Cardigan from girlfromauntie.com This is one of the most challenging projects I have worked on. I have done cables before but they have been straight cables. These, if you are familiar with the pattern use short row shaping to make the collar curve. Quite ingenious. The pattern is 40 pages long which I do have to say is quite detailed and complete but it's just alot of paper to keep straight I had to put mine in a 3 ring binder. So I'm conflicted about my yarn choice, I wanted to make this sweater to wear around the house and at work so I needed something that would wear well. I didn't want to spend alot. I thought about using Lambs pride worsted but I sometimes think it's too heavy so I chose Bemidji woolen mills worsted I had some on hand and I know that it will wear well, But the longer I knit on this sweater it just doesn't feel great I don't know, when you spend that much time on a project shouldn't you just LOVE the yarn? My cables look a bit wonky and I wonder if it's the yarn. I wonder about the yarn choice because I am starting to lose interest. I don't know, I suppose I will keep plugging along

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home